Yes you can. But there are some restrictions:

  1. You must not be a resident or citizen of the USA or Canada.
  2. You must have a PAN card.
  3. You must invest through your NRO or NRE bank account with a bank in India (we cannot link to your overseas account).
  4. You need to complete your KYC.

Withholding Tax or Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is applied on NRI investments in mutual funds. This is done directly by the Mutual Fund Companies.

Also, under current regulations, NRI investors need to verify to the Mutual Funds that they have made their investments through a NRE or NRO account. The simplest way to do this is to share a PDF/extract of your bank statement from your bank account each time you invest. You can send this to us at once a month at the end of the month. You can black out the other amounts but please keep the investment amounts legible (as well as your name and account number). If this is not shared with us, the Mutual Funds may invalidate the purchases made by you.